How therapeutic massage may fit into your practice.
- have not responded well to physical therapy
- want to try an alternative approach
- want to utilize a complementary approach in combination with other therapies which may enhance recovery
- have pain conditions which may not warrant physical therapy
- are trying to reduce their dependence on or volume of pain medications
Surgical patients who:
- still have active pain symptoms post surgically
- need ongoing pain management
Therapeutic massage, in addition to stress relief, is a valuable addition to the pain relief, pain management and rehabilitation processes. The Massage Therapy Group (MTG) focuses on excellence in training and utilizes advanced techniques such as neuromuscular therapy, myofascial release, manual lymph drainage, deep tissue massage, orthopedic techniques, manual lymph drainage, proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation and active stretching as well as Swedish massage.
We are well trained massage therapists specializing in pain relief using Neuromuscular Therapy (NMT) and other modalities. We have extensive experience working directly with the musculoskeletal system. Massage therapists at the MTG bring complementary skills to the work of other health care practitioners: medical doctors, chiropractors, physical therapists, dentists and other bodyworkers. Skilled massage therapists are valued members in a holistic approach to healthcare and alternative medicine.